Thursday, June 8, 2017

Home cooked "meal"

“Home cooked “Meal” Having been to Vietnam on this mission 7 times over six years, I have gotten to know many of the individuals who are responsible for sending invitations to our patients. Our population is mostly impoverished and are accounted for by “The Association of the Poor”. Getting to know these individuals comes with “perks” periodically, including being invited to one of their homes to meet their wife and eat some home cooked snacks. Of course, many would not call this a “perk” when they brought out the main dish. Lucky for me, I have been fortunate enough to learn the true culture from my Vietnamese partners and have embraced everything, including the cuisine. This “snack” was crickets mixed with peanuts, apparently a good lunch snack for invited guests. I thank the Association for treating me like family, and for sharing a “Home cooked meal”!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment